Hair Transplant in Turkey
Now is your chance to regrow your hair and your confidence. Hair loss and baldness are a thing of the past. Take the first step today and find out what results you can expect!
Many patients choose to have their hair transplant surgery in Turkey for a variety of reasons. For example due to the level of experience and quality of service. Amazing deals compared to their home country. As well as the chance to have a break and travel while you have your procedure.
How does it work?
Choose a Doctor
The medical service provider will assess your information and images and provide feedback including your treatment plan, suitability and pricing. This will then be shared with you to ensure you are fully informed.
Book Your Treatment
Hair Transplant PackageIn Turkey
All Surgery Fees & Hospital Costs
2 Nights 5* Hotel Stay
Finance Options Available
Hair Transplant Turkey Surgery Overview
|Procedure:||FUE/DHI Hair Transplant. Removal & Transplantation of healthy hair follicles from non-bald to bald areas.|
|Procedure Time:||6-8 Hours per Session|
|Anaesthetic:||Local or local & sedation|
|Location:||Specialised Hair Transplant Clinic|
|Possible Side Effects:||Hair thinning, localised swelling, balding, itchiness, infection, scarring, bleeding, death of hair follicles, unnatural look.|
|Recovery Time:||1-2 Days until you can return home. 10 days for redness. 6-12 moths for full regrowth.|
|Expected Result:||Permanent hair growth in implanted areas. Full regrowth completed in transplant areas after 6 months.|
Why Have Your Hair Transplant in Turkey
- Turkey is at the forefront of most cosmetic surgeries and procedures.
- Their medical industry is a world leader often setting the example in many medical fields.
- The latest Hair Transplant techniques (including FUE) have been used by specialists in Turkey since their conception.
- This means many private hospitals and technicians have honed their craft and changed the lives of hundreds of thousands of men and women looking to solve any hair-loss or balding issues.
Not only are the specialists the most experienced and talented, they also offer the same high quality treatments as in the UK but for a fraction of the cost! Due to this the cheaper price for a hair transplant can sometimes seem to good to be true but there are logical reasons. Firstly the cost of private medical fees in Turkey are very low, as well as having much lower labour costs. Secondly due to the strength of foreign currencies, like the British Pound and Euro, compared to the Lira your money goes a lot further. For example one British Pound is currently worth nearly 8 Turkish Lira. As a result, their business costs are substantially lower and the motivation to offer good deals to tourists is high.
As well as hair transplants being cheap compared to patients home countries, Turkey’s geographical location helps appeal itself to UK and EU patients. Istanbul is only around 3 hours from London by flight, for example. Due to this, UK patients can travel easily and quickly for a hair transplant procedure without taking too much time out of their busy schedules.
Why are hair transplants in the UK more expensive than Turkey?
If you have been researching UK hair transplant cost, you may be shocked by the difference in prices between what look like identical procedures. Conversely, you may be wondering why procedures in countries like Turkey can be so inexpensive, and this may lead you to wonder whether this is some type of sub-standard method of hair restoration.
The truth is, that great hair transplants can be had in both Turkey and the UK, and the difference in price doesn’t necessarily reflect the quality of the treatment. Here’s why the UK is so expensive compared to hair transplants in other countries:
The UK is a more expensive place to live and work than many countries. Wages are higher, and so are taxes. Crucially, cosmetic surgeons tend to serve the community that they live amongst, rather than tourists. This means that they need to be located accessibly, and to project some air of success and dignity, in order to be taken seriously. This means that the location of the clinic is incredibly important – and therefore expensive!
In order to serve wealthy Cheshire clients, a surgery must be situation in Alderley Edge or Manchester to be busy enough to sustain itself. A London clinic will bear the brunt of the extreme rents and rates of the capital city anyway, but in order to service the very richest clients, it must be situation in a prestigious location such as the famous Harley Street, or in Belgravia or similar. These are clinics at the extreme end of price, but what about the rest of them?
Cosmetic surgery in the UK is subject to high rents, high rates, high tax and high wages. In addition, training staff costs a lot of money, and importing equipment that isn’t made in the UK is also costly. UK surgeons make a lot of money – but they also invest a lot of money in setting up their practise, and in complying with stringent UK laws and regulations surrounding the practise of cosmetic surgery. In a nutshell, it’s extraordinarily expensive to perform hair transplants in the UK, and this cost is naturally passed on to the consumer. That’s why it can be ten thousand pounds for some hair transplants in the UK, but the same procedure can be had for three thousand abroad.
Video reviews of happy customers after having FUE hair transplants in Istanbul. Hear about their experience and what they thought about their treatment.
FUE Hair Transplant in Turkey
If you are thinking of undergoing an FUE hair transplant treatment, then it may help you to understand the general steps that make up this operation.
- When you arrive at the clinic, the head will be washed to prevent infection. Next the head is shaved. Sometimes all of the head hair is removed, alternatively this can be shaved in patches. Unfortunately, this step is necessary, and as much as patients would like to undergo the operation without shaving their heads, it’s a none-negotiable part of the treatment.
- The donor area is carefully marked. This means the surgeon will draw on an area that the grafts will be harvested from. This will be an area of the head where the hair is thicker, which will have been determined during the consultation.
- The anestheologist will administer a local anaesthetic. This will leave the patient fully conscious, but unable to feel pain in the head.
- The next stage of the operation is the most demanding. The surgeon uses a surgical punch to remove the follicular units. Some cutting-edge clinics use a robot assistant for this part of the procedure, but more often it is performed by hand. The extracted hair follicles are kept alive with a saline solution at a low temperature, for the short time that they are outside of the patient’s body.
- Once the harvesting process is complete, the donor site is cleansed and dressed, and the next part of the procedure can begin. Some surgeons take a short break at this point, and the patient can take a break too.
- During this time, the extracted follicular units are processed under a microscope, to prepare them for transplantation. Excess tissue is removed, and they are sorted according to the size (number of hairs) each graft contains.
- The next stage is to mark the recipient area. This is then anesthetised so that the patient doesn’t feel any pain in that area. Using magnification and needles, the surgeon creates small holes in precise places on the head, in which to insert the hair grafts.
- Next the units are carefully placed into the incisions. This is a very precise process, because the placement of the follicles needs to mimic natural hair growth as closely as possible.
- The surgeon may spend a lot of time on the hairline, which is often made up of smaller grafts to mimic the appearance of natural hair. Larger grafts that contain more individual hairs will sit behind these grafts, for the most natural look.
- The head is then washed and bandaged, and aftercare instructions and package given to the patient, who may wish to leave immediately, or take some time to recover before leaving the surgery.
DHI Hair Transplant in Turkey
A DHI hair transplant is a method of performing a hair transplant that uses specialist equipment, to avoid the need for the patient to shave their head. This type of transplant is sometimes known as a long hair transplant.
The advantages of this type of treatment are that hair follicles are extracted and transplanted in a very short space of time, compared to a standard FUE procedure. It is easier for the surgeon to transplant hair follicles with long hair attached to them, than it is using any other method.
The DHI technique is still a lengthy operation, and it requires a high level of attentiveness and skill from the surgeon. One of the differences between this operation and the standard a FUE technique, is that the process of opening the micro channels to transplant the hair follicles is different. This requires a specialist with in-depth knowledge and a lot of experience. The micro channels are opened one by one rather than in a group, and the hair follicles must be inserted at accurate angles in order to create a natural effect.
DHI is the preferred hair transplant technique for women, who would find it very inconvenient to shave their hair completely, in order to receive a hair transplant. This technique allows for long hair to be transplanted & for it to be less obvious that the patient has undergone a transplant.
The donor area, which is often the nape of the neck, has to be shaved in order to remove the individual hair follicles. However, the shaved area on this part of the head can be disguised by longer hair on the top of the head. It takes less time for shaved hair at the back of the head to grow to the same level as hair from the front, so within a year or so the shaved area can be seamlessly blended in.
Another advantage of this method, is that the transplanted follicles can be grouped closely together, giving a very thick appearance to the hairline or parting. This too is especially important for women.
Because of the specialist nature of the procedure, and the level of skill involved, the price of this type of treatment is naturally slightly higher than standard FUE style of transplant.
Hair Transplant Turkey Package £1,499 Inc. Medical Fees, Hotel & Transfers
What Happens During a Hair Transplant Turkey Consultation
If you are looking to undergo a hair transplant in Turkey, then you may be wondering what happens during the consultation with your clinic or surgeon.
A consultation is a necessary part of the process and shouldn’t be missed out. It’s a chance for the surgeon to find out exactly what your needs are, properly assess your level of hair loss and capacity for donor hair grafts, and for them to design your individual hair transplant around that information.
While a hair transplant consultation is ideally conducted in person, it’s entirely possible to have a virtual consultation over the Internet, via WhatsApp, Skype or another video call app. This is common for a Turkish hair transplant clinic talking to UK patients. This will allow the surgeon to see your head in 360, and assess what type of coverage you need.
If you are undergoing surgery to lower your hairline, the surgeon will design you a brand new hairline. While the surgeon will try to accommodate your wishes as closely as possible, sometimes it’s necessary to make a hairline higher or lower than the patient initially imagined, in order to compliment the features and maximise the use of the available donor grafts.
If you are having a bald or thinning patch covered, the surgeon will explain to you how much coverage you can reasonably expect from the surgery.
A lot depends on the amount of grafts that the surgeon is able to harvest from the areas of the head that have good hair coverage. If you have a large patch of thick and healthy hair at the back of the head, this is great for harvesting lots of grafts. Thinner and more patchy hair might require more than one donor area or limit the number of grafts that can be harvested. Your surgeon will calculate how many grafts are necessary and where they need to be placed, and explain this to you.
If you have any questions at all about your surgery or the aftercare process, you can ask during your consultation. However, if you forget to ask anything, just email the clinic, who will be happy to answer all of your questions and concerns.
During the consultation you should feel informed and empowered, and your surgeon should not be rushing to give you the hard sell, or to try and get you to purchase supplements or other types of hair loss products. The focus should be on the surgery and the patient.
Qualified & highly experienced health professionals
Comfortable hotel to rest & relax during your stay
VIP transfers to & from airport and hotel
When you purchase a MedAway Hair Transplant package you will always receive VIP transfers. These are provided by your MedAway affiliate clinic. They will organise everything for you and have you picked up from the airport and safely brought to your accommodation. Once you are settled in you will be transferred to and from the clinic for treatment. After you have been discharged by your surgeon the transfer team will return you to the airport in time for your flight home.
Hair Transplant Accommodation
Get Started Free!
At MedAway we offer everyone a comprehensive and FREE consultation process with a suitable medical service provider. We want you to be as informed and as comfortable as possible when deciding to proceed with your chosen treatment package. Our friendly and professional customer service team will help start the whole process for you.